- Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Venue Rentals
The City of Orange, Texas has invested in three venues – Riverfront Boardwalk and Pavilion, Riverside Pavilion and City of Orange Boat Ramp. These venues were constructed along the Sabine River and downtown Orange, for the purpose of economic development and to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors. Improving visibility and access to the Sabine River were major influences for the approval of the project.
The Orange Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) staff will be responsible for scheduling events that may enhance tourism and the hotel industry. The CVB staff may be contacted at 409.883.1011, by visiting the CVB office at 812 N. 16th Street
HOURS OF USE
Normal hours for individual public use are 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. Individual, non-reserved use is restricted between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., unless approved by CVB staff and/or the City Manager, and all applicable laws and ordinances will be strictly enforced.
USE OF PAVILION
The venues are intended for every day, individual, non-reserved use and may be reserved for performances and special events if approved, in advance, by the CVB staff and/or the City Manager providing that it is available for exclusive rental/lease by non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, or for private/civic events in partnership with the City. In addition, the venues will only be made available where a formal “Letter of Request” is submitted to the CVB and/or City Manager and has met all requirements stated in the “Leasing of the Venue” section of the policy use manual.
In compliance with ordinance 7.900, no alcohol is permitted unless the lessee provides a license issued by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). This must be submitted prior to the event and no glass bottle containers will be allowed. Also required is a certificate of liability insurance with the “City of Orange, TX” listed as an Additional Insured with minimum limits of $1,000,000.00.
LEASING OF THE VENUE
- Leasing of the venue for special events may be considered by the city, subject to the review and approval by the City Manager, and possibly, the City Council.
- Booking is required at least sixty (60) calendar days prior to the event and must not conflict with a proposed or scheduled city-sponsored event. The City may consider special requests within sixty (60) days of the event.
- Lessee is to be responsible for concession, ticket and event-related sales, and will retain all revenues.
- Lessee is to be responsible for all marketing/advertising efforts to promote the event.
- Decorating is permissible, contingent upon prior approval by the City of all materials and nothing is to be permanently affixed to any structures. All decorations must be removed prior to midnight on the rental date or additional fees may apply.
- Lessee is to provide all materials, such as tables, chairs, signage, trash boxes, portalets, sound equipment, etc. for the event.
- Lessee will bear total production costs associated with the event.
- Sound levels and times of performance and/or event shall be in accordance with the executed Lease Agreement and in accordance with the City of Orange Code of Ordinances unless formally approved by the City Manager.
- The City may request payment for professional services, at current wages and benefits, provided by city staff including police, fire and parks departments.
- The City shall not be liable for equipment furnished during a performance.
- The Lessee agrees that upon the removal of any such equipment, decorations and items, it will restore at its expense any portion of the Boat Ramp Area, and adjoining properties or right-of-ways to its original condition as of the date entered into by Lessee.
- The City reserves the right to place banners or signage on property which may include support of the event.
A certificate of liability insurance with the “City of Orange, Texas” listed as an Additional Insured will be required prior to the event as follows:
(1) $1,000,000.00 minimum general liability
(2) Sign an Indemnification/Hold Harmless Agreement provided by the City
Lessee must provide adequate security (to be determined by the City) for any event in which a Lease Agreement has been executed by specifying, in writing, the number of security personnel and the agency contact name and phone number. Lessee will bear all costs associated with event security. (Note: The City of Orange Police Chief or a representative may issue mandates regarding event security that must be implemented to ensure public safety.)
Lessee must provide its own staffing for set up and take down of the event, but may request assistance from the City, which may be provided if resources are available. Clean up during and after the event is the responsibility of the Lessee. If a trash dumpster or roll-off is required for the event, the City will approve the location prior to the event.
Dogs, pets and other animals will not be allowed during events with the exception of service dogs that are clearly tagged with formal signage.
FEES AND DEPOSITS
Payment of fees and deposits are due, in full, at the time the city approves the request or no
later than thirty (30) days prior to Lessee’s event. Refunds may be requested, in writing, due to inclement weather and other special circumstances to be reviewed and approved by the Department Director or City Manager.
$250 Deposit (refundable subject to city staff inspection)
$500 Rental Fee/ per venue/ per day
OBTAIN A RENTAL POLICY
A City of Orange facility may be rent by obtaining a venue rental policy. To obtain a rental policy, please contact the Convention & Visitors Bureau office.