- Fire Department
- Fire Prevention
- Tier II Reporting
Tier II Reporting
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All Tier II Reports are due to the State, local LEPC and Fire Departments by March 1st of each year. Orange Fire Department receives reports in hard copy, or .pdf by either email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail to the City of Orange Fire Department mailing address.
Tier II Chemical Inventory Reports
Our mission here is to:
- Work with business and industry to improve participation in mandatory Tier II Chemical annual reporting and promote maximum utilization of Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Increase awareness and emphasize importance of reporting significant releases and up-to-date, accurate inventories.
- Obtain and provide the general public with information mandated under EPCRA and SARA Title III; support the adopted City Emergency Response Plan; utilize Tier II information to enhance the performance of first responders and supporting agencies within the City of Orange.
What Chemicals Must be Reported
Hazardous Materials subject to regulation include:
- Extremely Hazardous Substances
- Hazardous Substances
- Hazardous Chemicals over 10,000 lbs.
- Toxic Chemicals
- EPA Response Management Plan List of Toxics & Flammables
It is the responsibility of the business/industry to determine what chemicals and corresponding Threshold Planning Quantities (TPQ) are to be reported. Please refer to Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) accompanying materials.
For Frequently Asked Questions and list, refer to the TCEQ or the EPA.
Failure to report can result in a Federal, state and local civil violation if:
- An incident occurs and no Tier II Report is on file with either of the above;
- A spill or release of a reportable nature is not reported within the specified time-frame as required by law, whether or not first responders were dispatched.
Additionally, responding agencies are entitled by law to recover the cost of securing, containing, and managing an incident.
Important Dates to Remember
ALL Tier II Reports and copies are due to your local Fire Department and the Orange County LEPC by March 1st of each year, for the previous year January 1 through December 31 (for example, filing deadline March 1, 2023 for January 1 through December 31, 2022).
In the State of Texas, Tier II Reports may be submitted any time between January 1 and March 1; avoid the rush and file early.